Monday, November 15, 2010

The Psycopath


The Psychopath
By Rida Farhat

It was all for her… for her love. She was the only one that understood me and stood up for me, but they were the wall between us, the water to the flame of our amour. They were the reason of my misery. However, they will pay… with their lives.

I remember that day like the back of my hand. It was on a bright and sunny day, Artie, “my best friend” and I were playing in the school playground during the recess. Then, they started walking towards us.

“Hey Martin! So are you talking to you’re imaginary friend?” Ali asked sarcastically. ”No! He is not imaginary! He is real!” I replied. “Oh my God! You’re crazy!”, Eva said. “There’s nobody there!” You’re insane!” Ali added. “Leave me alone”, I said. “Don’t cry you little baby”, Moe said. “Hey guys, leave him alone! Everybody’s free to do anything he wants!”, Dona defended. “Don’t butt in Dona”, Moe replied.

After that, they started pushing me and pushing until I fell on the ground with dirt in my face and tears dropping from the sides of my face. I stood up and ran away escaping their treacherous and heart-breaking laughs. I escaped to my house to sit alone in my room and relieve my anger and grief.

Suddenly, somebody knocked on the door…. It was my parents who came back from work! They were the pill to my sorrow. I went to open the door to find a police man with his cap in his hands and a frown on his face.

“I come with bad news, Martin”, he said. “Your parents passed away in a car accident on the way back from work”, he added. I stood in front of him feeling light headed and that my legs could not hold me… “Are you ok?”, the policeman asked.  Abruptly, I fell on the ground leaving me unconscious.

After several hours, I found myself in a dark crowded orphanage room with soiled walls and cockroaches playing on the floor. All of a sudden, something happened that I could not control! I started crying and when anybody would come near me, I would start to shout and hit him. Then, I started to attack all of the people who looked at me.

After that, they held me (resisting my punches) and took me to a “rehab center” (mental asylum). I stayed there until I became eighteen, receiving psychological treatment relating to anger and depression issues. In it, they made me forget everything terrible that happened in my past. Eventually, I came out of the center with a job interview arranged for me.

After that, I started working in a paper manufacturing company, at the bottom, as a warehouse worker. I started working as hard as I could to move up the ladder and I did! I became an office worker.

One day, I came to work and read the newspaper to find the following article:
“The Fantastic Four:
Ali Fares, Dona Gabbana, Moe Pato, Eva Ivy

For more than ten years, these four were and still are the best of friends. Moreover, each person became successful in his/her job. Ali became one of the most influential businessmen of this century. Eva became a worldwide known doctor. Dona and Moe became two of the most intelligent and trusted forensic investigators. Moreover, Dona and Moe are engaged and are going to be wed after three months….”

What?! I remembered everything! I remembered the grief and misery that I passed through, the love and the flame that was lit in my heart that spelled “Dona”. I wanted her, but how? Aha! I could take my revenge at my love all at once.
         
One dusky night, using the information provided by the article, I followed Ali on his way back home and…”Skk”… one out and two to go. Furthermore, I left a note for “mon amour” that I am sure she will understand.
         
The next day, I stood on the balcony of my hotel room which was “coincidently” in front of the crime scene. I watched their every move waiting for her to pick up my note which said: “Pour la laska de Dona”.
         
Then, after a week, step two was put into work. I traced Eva’s steps from night till day until I found a pattern which was her passing by the “Star Plaza”. So, I took a room there and waited for the exact minute for her to pass.  And then there was one.
         
However, I wanted her to know that I was the killer; I wanted her to see that all of this was only for her! So, I added another note including my initials.

When I stabbed each one of them and the blood came dripping from the knife puncturing their necks, I felt a sense of relief and happiness. What was that feeling? It was the feeling of revenge!

Now it is the best time for the final step in my plan. I got a job as a janitor in the police department so that I could monitor her at every second of the day. Moreover, when the moment was right, I would attack.

After a couple of days, Dona was very close to finding who did the homicides. She went to the hotels and knew that there was a person who changed from a hotel to the other. Moreover, she unlocked the codes of the notes and when she found out it was me: Martin Martins… I was standing behind her!

“Why did you kill all of my friends?”, she said. I did not reply. “What do you want from me? Do you wanna kill me? Kill me then! Kill me!”, she added. “It was all for the love of Dona!”, I replied. She stood with no movement. I ran towards her quickly and injected her with a paralyzer. After that, I tied her up and took her to an old abandoned warehouse.

I did not imprison her in a small room; I left her lying on a mattress in the wide warehouse. I did not shut her mouth so that I would hear her angelic voice. While waiting for her to wake up from her slumber, I stroked her hair gently and gazed upon her goddess-like beauty.

After a while, she woke up to find me next to her, stroking her hair. “What are you doing?!” she said surprisingly. “I’m admiring your beauty, my love”, I replied. “Why did you bring me here for?”, she questioned. “I brought you here so we can be alone and eventually get married. Do you agree?”, I answered. “N….Okay… Like you want”, she said hesitantly. “Good answer”, I responded.

I continued stroking her hair; however, I felt that she did not accept the idea that she is mine and will always be mine. However, as the time will pass, she will come to accept this idea.

Suddenly, I heard a sound that was coming from the circumference of the warehouse. It was her “ex”-fiancĂ©! How did he know! Oh No! I forgot to get rid of the proof! Nevertheless, I know how to get rid of him for good!

I tied up Dona tightly and shut her mouth with a piece of cloth. Then, I hid behind some cardboard boxes waiting for his arrival.

He went in slowly and cautiously looking in every direction. Subsequently, he spotted her and ran as quick as he could and untied her.

Then, I stood up and uncovered myself. “It was you, Martin, who killed them”, he said. “Yes, it was! Hahaha!”, I laughed. “You will pay!”, he added. Afterwards, he picked up a gun from the floor. “Shoot me! Kill me!”, I said. He pulled the trigger, but the gun was empty! I took my trusty knife and stabbed Moe in the neck.

“Noooooo!!! Why did you do it, Martin? Why?”, she cried. I replied by laughing. Then, she picked up the knife and ran towards me trying to kill me. However, I held her hand and stabbed her with it.

No! What have I done I killed my love! All of the murders for her and I killed her! I cannot stay in this world alone. I cannot bear life without her. I should join her in the afterlife!!!

1 comment: